Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Spotting A Former Colleague

I spotted a former colleague at lunchtime, smoking outside our building. Hadn't seen her in a while. She had left the company 3 years ago. I liked what she had to say- when I worked with her- when asked by some about being born without a left hand. She said she 'didn't need it'. It helps to be positive about these things, and of course one tends to know how to adapt way better to things they really never had at all. I recall how she had a limerick up about switching departments. Her name is Colleen, I had known a few others with this name. It was truly a random thing, as I said I was on my way to doing a bridge walk when she spotted me. It had been a rough day at work up to that point, so it was really helpful to see a familiar face. Right place and right time apparently. I often say 'what are the odds?' about these things.
    At the comedy club tonight I had hoped to speak to one friend but I showed up right before, she was busy before and after it. So I spoke to her husband, a cop. He did like hearing some about my recent travels to Great Britain, and then to my class reunion. I said I was thankful for more leads on finding Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues, as we were sent another one on Facebook while I was in Great Britain. I said I would try to find it when I get back, hopefully this weekend but not sure. Have to check what we already have planned. It means driving a little, so one must allow the time driving to and from there, and this one doesn't appear to be as close as most of the others.   

No comments:

Post a Comment