Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sandwich Winner at Nectary

A colleague near the end of the workday said I was a free sandwich winner at the Nectary, a sandwich place I've frequented in the downtown St. Paul skyway. I went onto Facebook once I arrived home to confirm it. Then I responded to it, saying I would be in by the end of the week to claim it. I did let them know I hadn't been there in a while, as the Erbert Gerbert opened earlier this year. I like the fun names they have for sandwiches, like the turkey sandwich is called the 'Boney Billy'. There had been some personnel changes at the Nectary as well, like the order taker that knew me is no longer there. I liked the feeling of them knowing me well enough to know I would be ordering a whole egg salad sandwich. Found out it saves them time when they see regulars and know what they will be ordering. Same is true for getting beer at the comedy club. So this will be enough to get me back there. I had won a sandwich once before on the Facebook drawing, it was over a year ago around the time of the Bears-Vikings game that was moved to the Gopher stadium. I think I claimed that one the same day as the game, a Monday, after working a half-day. I started eating at the Nectary after getting a gift certificate from my company's United Way campaign, and this is also how I got started in comedy. So in many ways it seems appropriate to return there when, there is enough that reminds me of being a regular at the clubs.
    The summer contest at the comedy club continued tonight, the second semifinal week took place. I had a craving for some potato chips and chocolate milk, so I stopped at a Superamerica along the way. I liked knowing the milk was free thanks to using the loyalty card. It did make me late for the show, but I didn't miss much, jsut the MC and none of the contestants. As usual, I knew nearly all of the judges.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment