Monday, June 11, 2012

Except I'm Not Kotter

It was welcome back to work today, but nobody sang 'Welcome Back Kotter'. I did like that show, John Travolta was on it. And I liked some of the lines in the theme song, how 'your dreams are your ticket out'. Though I thought it was odd how there was a sign in the intro about how Brooklyn was the 4th largest city in America, when it's been part of New York City for decades now. But I digress.  
   The department was busy while I was out last week, which is why many of them decided to wait until today and attend a 'makeup session' meeting in the afternoon about career development week. Still getting caught up on chores, just did the dishes for the first time in over a week. The other notable, and necessary, chore was getting trash bags at Walgreen. Thankfully I don't have to get them often, they last me for a while. I also got around to writing down what food wrappers I have accumulated in the past two weeks. I don't know if it has been effective on weight control, but when one has to write down what they eat they are more aware of it and likely try harder to eat healthy.
  I asked a few friends at the comedy club tonight if anyone noticed I was out for all of last week, and it seemed like nobody did. I asked as I wanted to address the 'elephant in the room' when I am at the clubs regularly. I don't miss out too often, and I know people are used to seeing me. Or maybe they already knew in advance, so it was no big deal. Hard to say. I left the club early as I was tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment