Friday, June 15, 2012

More People Leaving?

One colleague, the theater guy, said he was getting a job interview at another office early next week. He would have plenty of company at that office, some of our colleagues have already transferred there. One colleague had her last day today, she is leaving the company entirely instead of just going to another office. There was donuts brought in, eventually I chose a Bismarck. It reminded me of different terms for some items, and how some thought President Kennedy said he was a donut when he said 'I am a Berliner' in a speech at the Berlin Wall. Some just know Bismarck as the capital city of North Dakota, or maybe the German leader as well. Then there's the ship, and the song about the ship. But I think it's mainly a term for a kind of donut in just this region, the Midwest.
    I got more pictures of the sculptures at Kellogg Park in St. Paul at lunchtime, the ones I didn't get earlier since a school field trip was happening there. As usual, it's entertaining to see fellow bus riders. I found this out when riding home in the evening. Most notable was a woman with small hoop earrings but didn't look like metal, a nose ring in the right nostril, and a partially shaved head. As she was leaving the bus, I noticed more, such as walking with a limp as there was a rainbow colored brace on the lower right leg. I tried not to look too long as she had the look, with the sunglasses on, of saying 'what are you looking at?' if I started staring.

No comments:

Post a Comment