Friday, June 29, 2012

Reruns Of 'Monk'

While I was waiting for the bus the morning, I saw 3 abandoned drinks. They were from Superamerica. Being who I am, I dumped them out and tossed them in the nearby trash barrel. Thankful I found enough time to do it before the bus arrived, though it doesn't take long. On the bus after work I saw a man wearing an Oakland Raiders hat and he had a silver whistle around his neck. I haven't seen a whistle that fancy before.
     Tonight was about getting cleaned up around the home. While watching back-to-back syndicated reruns of 'Monk' I did things like shred junk mail and read through some magazines. I was paying attention fairly well, the first episode involved a school board election and a proposed school closure. Monk was a bodyguard who placed a hand grenade in a refrigerator, but being obsessive-compulsive he had to re-arrange it so it nearly exploded in his hand. The second was about poisoned candy for halloween, and his brother who was a hoarder and hardly ever left the house. The brother thought he had eaten some of the poisoned candy but in the ambulance on the way to the hospital it was determined he had not, based on the candy wrappers, as they were looked at more closely. I know these two were later episodes, based on the show's introduction. I prefer those, as I like the Randy Newman song 'It's a jungle out there' which is the theme song.
    One of the things I read is the Minneapolis paper, as there was a nice article about the Minneapolis Millers. This was the minor-league baseball team that played in the area before the major-league Minnesota Twins arrived. The millers will be saluted this weekend with throwback uniforms and a pennant giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment