Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Free McDonald's Breakfast

I was reading a 'community paper' and a McDonald's employee came out and offered me a free breakfast, 3 pancakes and eggs. First I had to ask why, was told they had made too many and didn't want it to go to waste. Definitely liked the eggs, ate them right away- after getting to the office, of course. Wanted to be on time for work. Also got a pink lemonade frosting cupcake, a colleague made them. I think this colleague also makes suckers, but not the typical kind. These are the types where they're in clear plastic wrap and in a little cup.
  The 'community paper' is a system I do like seeing. Somebody buys a paper, reads it, and leaves it behind for the next person in the downtown St. Paul skyway. So I read it and leave it behind for the next person as well. Then I don't need to buy my own paper everyday. I just like having my own copy of the Friday edition, as I like having the baseball standings and the movie times for the weekend.
   The search for the index cards finally ended, decided to re-order them with my loyalty points.  I picked them up at the Best Buy in Roseville tonight. Went to the nearby library first and printed the baseball tickets I had ordered about an hour earlier, for the Twins on saturday and the Saints next week. Donated the rest of my points, after the index cards were ordered, to various school projects being advertised online. Chose one as there was a snoopy image, it was about needing ear buds. Others I chose due to it being for history class, or my native state, Iowa. A few Des Moines schools were listed. Wanted the 12 remaining points to go somewhere, those points are expiring soon.
    Heard the lounge singer version of Green Day's 'American Idiot' at the comedy club after the show was over. Found out the band that does a catchy song with lyrics 'Don't listen to a word I say' is from Iceland. It seems to be a hotbed for musical talent, as Bjork is from there. The song I had been hearing on the radio is 'Little Talks' by Of Monsters and Men. Don't know if I read about that band in particular when reading the Icelandair magazine, but there was an article about the music scene in Reykavik, the capital city.
   Also notable tonight was deciding to retire all of the plastic hangers I still could find, five in all. Now the wire hangers will get used more. Also decided to retire a short sleeve company shirt, as I was noticing some small holes in it near one of the sleeves. I started to rip it while still at the comedy club, and finished it after getting home. I should get a replacement shirt soon, since I do have a Target gift card to use. The postcard from Great Britain finally arrived at the office, about three weeks after sending it.

No comments:

Post a Comment