Friday, June 1, 2012

Moving Cube, Getting Balloon

It was a busy half day at work, thankful I was there for two reasons. I had to move my belongings to another cubicle, which I call 'Sector 7-G' in reference to 'The Simpsons'. Then 10 minutes before leaving there was a call, hardly ever get one. It was from security letting me know there was a balloon waiting for me up front, as thanks for doing a volunteer program at Roosevelt High School in Minneapolis. I had the small Godfather's pizza for lunch, then it was on to some errand running. Found another Charlie Brown and Snoopy statue, since it was inside an office there are few chances to get pictures of it. But I'm thankful we found the time to get there before catching the first of two flights that got us over to Great Britain for a wedding. I packed quickly, and rented a garage for the week as I didn't want to park my car on the street for that long when I would be unable to move it if need be. We ate at the airport, and I saw it as appropriate that my companion boarded the plane first. This is my first visit to Europe, it had to be when I wanted to go. So I was fine with getting on the plane by myself. It meant another chance to go to the bathroom and say hi to the Snoopy statue, the only one in the smaller terminal at MSP airport.
   At first we were seated far apart, 16 rows. But a mom wanted to sit next to her son, so I traded seats and then the gap was just 3 rows. First flight was to the Keflavik Airport as it was on Iceland Airlines. It was a long flight for me, but I was kept occupied by talking to my seatmates. They were 2 older women, one would be going to Germany and the other Norway. In addition, there was plenty of entertainment choices at your seat if you wanted to tune in with headphones. I mainly wanted to track the flight as to when we reached the midway point, especially on the first. An animated show for kids was one of the choices, called 'Angry Ann'. Found out a word close to apple, in Icelandic, isn't apple, but orange. I got some orange soda on the first flight.
   I did read some from the Hardy Boys book I brought with me, 'Arctic Patrol Mystery', as it is about Iceland. While on layover I decided to get some souvenirs there, so it was some postcards. A few were animated features of Vikings. Surprised a little to see beer for sale at the food shop, didn't get any though. The flight to London's Heathrow Airport was much shorter. I didn't sleep much on these flights.  

No comments:

Post a Comment