Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dole Plantains Bananas

For this week I got some Dole plantains bananas as the other ones were still too green. I don't like these that much though. They're bigger, no big deal there, but the taste is just not quite the same. It's likely a good thing that I don't buy them much. I have one left and will be taking it to work tomorrow and having it at lunchtime. I know they do cost more per pound.
   I have been inundated with emails recently from the writer union, about having chapters. I did respond to it, saying in-person events as well as social media are a good idea. I gave the example of the comedy club circuit, using Facebook to fill in the gaps between shows and keeping people in the loop about upcoming shows. But I haven't seen a specific response to my input like some of the other comments. Just something in general about some ideas are better than others, nothing beyond that.
Some are giving input more than others are, at least I recognize the names from attending last year's convention in Detroit. But I don't know yet what the solution will be.
   At work I said 'Hi, fellow dark person' as one colleague pointed out how I had an all-black outfit on. Then she admitted she was wearing a dark outfit as well.
   I had to look up Ayn Rand as there was mention of this author on the news, by Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney's running mate. I had heard of 'Atlas Shrugged', a movie version just came out last year but I didn't see it. But I found out about another Rand novel, 'Fountainhead'. I shrunk the Wikipedia page down to 3 pages from more than ten, it was an extensive article. All I know is that conservatives are big fans of these two novels. It said this novel also became a movie, but much earlier, as Gary Cooper played the lead role.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment