Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lardtose Intolerant Skit

I played an assistant in a skit called 'Lardtose Intolerant' tonight. Between rehearsal and showtime I got some tickets for a St. Paul Saints game next week and walked a friend's dog. The visit at the Saints stadium lasted longer than expected, for multiple reasons. First was getting there later than I had wanted to, so it was two hours before gametime. The parking lot was already full with tailgaters. So I had to park much farther away, but still on the street going right by the stadium. After getting tickets I was spotted by somebody I knew from the comedy clubs. They told me they weren't going to the game, just hanging out and having some beer. I told them I couldn't stay long due to plans like the dog walking. One of them was the one that spotted me at a Jimmy Eat World concert at First Avenue in Minneapolis last year.
   The shows went well, first time I had done story telling about the adventures of finding Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues. I got a little stuck the second time I did it, but I covered it up well by doing a slight change on my material. Some suggested that I post it on Youtube. If it was filmed by someone, I of course would need to acquire the film from them first. It was well-done, as I was wearing my brown shirt with all of the male characters on it saying 'It's all good in the hood'. And the technician had background music playing, the theme song from the TV specials officially known as 'Linus and Lucy'.
   I have already seen a picture of me tagged on Facebook in the office assistant costume, which included a gaudy wig. My gift when leaving was a doll's leg, I will have to do a joke about it. I think it was one way to help clean up the place as there had been some renovation at the venue. Either way, I like a reminder of the night as I said I really enjoyed the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment