Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ultra Brite Toothpaste Box

While waiting for the bus home after work today, I saw an Ultra Brite toothpaste box. Don't know how it got there, but I threw it in the trash as I try to 'please put litter in its place' like I've seen suggested before. I see litter all of the time but usually not a toothpaste box. I hadn't heard of this kind of toothpaste at all. The box said it's made by Colgate Palmolive, and like many others I would know their flagship brand better. The Wikipedia article had very little in it, so it more than likely is not a big seller and may be just a specialty or premium brand.
   At the comedy club tonight a fellow comic, the MC, said 'get home safe'. I said 'and you as well'. Hadn't heard it worded this way in particular too often before. Saw a comic who was visiting from Washington State who had been a regular in the Twin City scene, she was the show closer. After I got my drink, shortly after arrival, I saw one comic I had hoped to see in person. We discussed a project for later this month we're doing together. I recognized the bartender, I had seen him at another club (but not as a bartender). Later on, he took the stage. I had heard some of his jokes before, but not too often.
    The theater guy shared a story about somebody he knows from the Czech Republic, who didn't speak American slang well. Something about 'Running like chicken with no head'. Of course he meant 'Chicken with head cut off'. He also supervised the Olympic event in the afternoon, it was shooting with a Nerf gun. It was a six-shooter that shot soft darts, and I got one dart on the target. Others had problems with it jamming, after my turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment