Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Trimming Eyebrows

No, I didn't do this by myself. But trimming eyebrows was offered when I had my hair cut tonight at Great Clips in Eagan. Went there as it was an hour wait for Sport Clips, and didn't want to wait that long. Who would blame me, especially when there are options? It was hard to describe what I wanted. Eventually it meant getting out a picture book and being demonstrative, saying 'that one'. Figured I would need a haircut due to an upcoming role in a show. Coupled with a stop at the ATM, I expected I would be late for the comedy show tonight but I wasn't. The show often doesn't start on time. Bigger crowd than typical, I was asked to move to another seat to make room for paying customers.
  The haircut wasn't the only 'first time in a while' of the day. Also true for cleaning out my wallet of receipts, which dated back to late July. After seeing how fat it was, and how easily things could fall out when at the Field of Dreams this weekend, I decided it was time. Then there was doing dishes, which wasn't done this weekend due to being out of town. I usually wait until I have a decent amount of cardboard to send to the recycle bin. Tonight I counted 5 TV dinners, 4 granola bars, 3 oatmeals, and 2 Little Debbie boxes. My guess is it had been nearly a month since I had sent cardboard for recycle, with the plastic and metal I do so every week.
   Then there was the TV. I had to remind myself how I had unplugged it at the start of the weekend, hadn't watched TV for a few days after getting back in town. So that meant plugging it in so I could watch 'The Simpsons' after getting off work. It was the one where Lisa was afraid she was going dumb like Homer and Bart. I liked how she went to a jazz club to 'give her brain one last meal'. I find that music is helpful to the mind. It was funny how she said 'You also have to listen to the notes she isn't playing'. I do try to look beyond the face value of things.
    I liked how there was a profile tonight on ABC's 'Nightline' show, it was about musician Hans Zimmer. He did the music for a favorite movie of mine, 'Rain Man'.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment