Monday, August 27, 2012

It's That Subway Shop

On the bus after work today, somebody boarded and said they wanted to go to a Subway sandwich shop on a corner. Besides me, others kept saying it was on a different corner than he expected it to be. But when the stop arrived, he did get off there. It got many of us started on favorite places to eat, I of course like Chris and Rob's, the Chicago hot dog place. I could get a hot dog anywhere, but I like the ambience as there is plenty of pictures on the wall about the city of Chicago and its sports teams. I try to have a balance on how often I go there- often enough but not too often. I think once a month is the right range, same as getting pizza from Little Caesar's. Speaking of that, I did go to Little Caesar's tonight to get a large pepperoni before heading to the comedy club.
   I just heard from a friend from work now in another office, her last day with the company is Friday. It was our first contact in a while. She had some ideas for improving my resume, I expect to use most or all of them.
   At the comedy club tonight I got a picture of the entrance sign as I didn't have one yet, along with a Grain Belt beer sign at a bar nearby. I got pictures at midday as well, like of the Prairie Home Companion mural at the Fitzgerald Theater. Another was of  the Mickey's dining car which has been featured in various movies. I've been to the Fitz a few times, for 'Prairie' once. I've been to Mickey's a few times, but it's been a while at the downtown location. Cramped there, more space at the sister shop. There was even a 4-part mural in an alley where a farmers market is held, showing various downtown St. Paul landmarks. One of them had the Walgreen store in it, appropriate as this mural was one of the Walgreen walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment