Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Throwing Spoons

At work today the theater guy said he was considering throwing spoons at me, unsure as to why. It was a slower workday than Monday, as expected. I did vote in the primary election, as even the primary means something to me. It was why I was wearing the patriotic shirt with a collar, and much like before I did get comments about it. There were no real surprises as to the outcome of the primaries to the best of my knowledge as to who won the right to be on the general election ballot in November. It bothers me of course to hear how voter turnout is low for a primary, around 10 percent.
  The item I ordered from E-bay arrived today, the postcards and brochure from the movie 'Covered Wagon'. Thrilled to have it. There is mention of Emerson Hough twice, but just a passing reference since he is the book writer. I was checking the tracking number online, and it said 'missent'. Seemed odd to me, something about being mis-routed. But it was waiting for me when I got off work today, so everything is fine. Apparently the delay was minimal, just one day. It still arrived less than a week after I found out I was the winning bidder. But I know it arrived more quickly because I decide to pay right away, and the sellers give me good ratings due to prompt payments.
   I saw the news how the Twins lost to Detroit 8-4 tonight, this isn't a good year for them. I plan on attending a game next month. At the office there was an email about paying for the tickets for the upcoming Renaissance Festival. I knew it was starting soon, apparently it is starting this weekend. The tickets will be held at will call if one wants to use them that early. But I told our AA that I see myself getting there on Labor Day at the earliest, based on plans already made. That was the same day I attended last year, for the same reason- a busy schedule. It's proof of how the summer is winding down.

No comments:

Post a Comment