Friday, August 17, 2012

Electronic Umbilical Cord

I laughed when our I.T. guy made a joke about being attached to an 'electronic umbilical cord'. I know he's referring to being in demand when there are computer issues. This of course is a man not to be confused with 'Mr. I.T.' who is married to my boss. I've found out many people in my office are really funny. Naturally it helps to laugh when dealing with ridiculous issues, and when we are so dependent on computers there are jokes to be had. Like how a user error is often called 'problem exists between keyboard and chair'.
   I had a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich when the cooler came around in the afternoon. I ate it right away, before this I had bought some Famous Amos cookies from the vending machine to eat after getting off work in the evening. But those will have to be saved for a later day. As I was throwing out the ice cream wrapper in the main breakroom, I saw a nearly full box of donuts from Cub Foods. So I chose one and wrapped it in 3 napkins to get it home in my backpack unharmed. So I ate the donut after work instead.
   When I got off the bus a woman asked me 'What time do you have?' Or at least she may have been asking me, hard to tell. She may have been asking the driver. Either way I said 'time to go home'. I'm sure I was not alone on feeling this way.
   It was a busy day at work as I had to cover for a colleague who took the day off. But it was fine with me as the day went more quickly. There were more new titles to perfect and file than typical, over 200.
   In the evening I liked watching a tape of 'History Detectives' with my date, from public TV. Two of the three segments I really liked, about Woolworth store signs and a picture frame made from the wreckage of the 'Titanic' ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment