Friday, August 31, 2012

Back in the Stone Age

The news said there's a blue moon tonight, which doesn't happen much. I did finally get outside to see it, but it was really late by then and it didn't seem to be blue at all. I had been busy getting caught up on things like reading the paper and adding pictures to Facebook. One of the pictures got comments right away, it was of a poster of a show I had attended recently- the CD release party. When I think of a blue moon, of course I think of the song. When 'Family Feud', the game show, covered a survey about moon songs it was second only to 'Moon River' from 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'. I also think of the band Cowboy Junkies, who did the song 'Blue Moon Revisited'. Though I like their version of 'Sweet Jane' the most.
  Getting caught up was the theme at work today as well, but with some people out of the office for the extended holiday weekend it was easier to get caught up as there was less work being sent to us.
Near the end of the day I heard my boss's boss sharing a story about pranks she was a part of in high school. Later on, she spoke of trying to explain how things were different to her kids when she was in school. It was related to smoking policies. It reminded me of when my dad would do this to me, and say it was 'back in the stone age'. I then had a snappy comeback to it, how it was the 'Rolling Stones' and 'Flintstones' age. In some cases, we still live in this age as I still see both pop-culture icons out there every so often.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment