Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Murderous Care Bear With Spork

Another good anecdote from the theater guy. He was riled about the newspaper headline which referred to the Sikh temple shooting near Milwaukee, which said the shooter was motivated by hate. He then said how no one is motivated by love to shoot in a place of worship. His next line was even more memorable: it's not like a 'murderous carebear with a spork' is going to show up. Same guy suggested I sign up for discounted tickets for the upcoming Renaissance Festival, and I confirmed who the contact is. Need to find out when to fit it in the already busy schedule. May have to consider Labor Day, which is when I went last year.
   Tonight was the National Night Out, and in my neighborhood they had some food and drink. I had two hot dogs as well as some little bags of chips, and some cookies. Two of the M and M cookies were stuck together, had to separate them as I wanted just one of those kind. The drink was red punch. I registered for a drawing for Walmart gift cards as well as some grocery stores. There was a survey about the 'food shelf' but I said I don't use it, though I likely have contributed to the cause through my employer. Except I didn't say the familiar 'I gave at the office'. When I said this, the response was 'awesome', a word I hear a little too often. But yes, I am pleased how I don't need to use this service. Those who know me best know I am a prideful person, and I try to be self-sufficient with my needs.
  For the kids there was a tour of a fire truck, I noticed there were many gauges on it. I was told they were pressure gauges. I stayed outside the fire truck since the tour seemed to be just for kids, many of them wanted to climb all over and inside it.
   At the comedy club tonight the neck tattoo guy was the MC, we did a fist bump on my way in. He does a joke about living in North Minneapolis, asking for a 'show of guns', I like that joke. On my car radio there was a song by the band Offspring.  The lyrics include 'She committed suicide, shattered dreams'. The song is called 'The Kids Aren't Alright', just listened to it on Youtube. I've liked many of the songs by this band, like 'Come Out and Play' (Keep Them Separated) and 'Self-Esteem'. I like 'Alright' as it's fast and loud and sometimes I'm in the mood for that kind of music. Sad songs can make me happier when I know others have experienced pain and have struggled in life. Some songs capture the struggle of life better than others. There was something on the Wikipedia page about the song 'Kids Are Alright' by the Who, I know this band as the one who did the song about 'my generation', where they go on to say they hope to die before getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment