Friday, August 24, 2012

Found It On Flickr

I've been really interested in finding landmarks after finding their Flickr photos recently. Many of these are in Chicago, where I like making an annual visit. Some of the things that came up was monuments to the founders of the Woolworth and Montgomery Ward retail chains at the entrance to the Merchandise Mart. There was also something about a Montgomery Ward garden in Grant Park, then there's the Rosehill and Graceland cemeteries. Some of these are on the National Register, which means yet another reason why I'm interested in finding them for real. Sometimes there are separate listings for landmarks inside one of the cemeteries, like the grave for a member of the Getty oil family.
   There was a rehearsal for the play on Saturday tonight, it went fairly well. When I saw others bring in food, I decided to go to a convenience store across the street to get a Deli Express sandwich, along with chips and a drink. I showed all 6 ties to the costumer, she said she liked the patriotic one with countless American flags on it. Though I was wearing a different one at rehearsal, a New Orleans Saints tie. Had to do a pinky swear about what tie was agreed upon.
   When I was done I rode the light rail to the airport and boarded at the Metrodome. The Vikings exhibition game was still in progress at the time, against San Diego. So the ridership was still light, which was fine with me. There were two men who had bikes on the train so of course it was more of a chore for them to leave at their stop.
  At work it was a slow day, I used much of the afternoon going through personal files and getting rid of outdated forms. Some I just hadn't looked at in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment