Friday, October 31, 2014

2 Shows At Bowling Alleys

    I went to 2 shows tonight in Minneapolis, at 2 different bowling alleys. The first was a play at Bryant Lake Bowl in Uptown, I had been there before and recalled the art in the bathroom. The front-woman from the Dirty Curls sent a Facebook invite as she was the director. It was about a haunted house, or 'Manor'. There were plenty of ghost jokes in it, especially from 'Ghostbusters'. At one point all four of the Busters names were mentioned as names of various gadgets. I knew one of the actors in it, from the comedy circuit. After the show I went to a nearby Super-America and got a photo of a woman wearing platform shoes. I kind of expected outfits like this on Halloween.
    The second show was live music, a place I had bowled at two weeks earlier. It was nice to see the rap/comedy group Valley Meadows perform again, much like at the recent 10K Laughs Festival. I got photos of them and of the Dirty Curls. This was another Facebook invite. I also liked seeing one couple in 'Wayne and Garth'- from 'Wayne's World'- costumes. I did get the Dirty Curls CD, but it was a bit of a struggle as I needed to get to an ATM but the one at the bowling alley didn't work. So I went to a Holiday station, south on Hiawatha, as they had a US Bank ATM. The Dirty Curls had a lineup change, now the red-faced comic is a guitar player.     

No comments:

Post a Comment