Saturday, October 25, 2014

7 Head Shots

      I have been doing stand-up comedy for over 6 years now and I finally have head shots. The Alabama photographer offered times for it as a Facebook invite and I went to the 'Studio' in the early evening. I was trying to keep track of how many were done, my guess was more than 20. It was 34. After looking at all of them, I was sent 7 on Facebook and to my Hotmail account. I was asked if I had any lady comics in my 'Ring of honor', I said I did. I checked when I got home, and 10 of the 44 are lady comics. I think this is close to being representative of what is seen in the comedy circuit, about 1 in 4. We of course swapped stories about the people we knew, one of them being the big dog. The photographer will also be added, but it looks like she will not be number 50 in the 'Ring' but I am closing in on this number. Another comic had just showed up for head shots, somebody I don't know well. This is who did the photo for us. The 'Studio' was near North High School in Minneapolis, and I did get photos of the school while in the area. Then it was on to Bobby and Steve's to get a little Godfather's pizza. There were Halloween decorations up inside, so I got photos there as well. The final stop was at the comedy club for a pun show. The closer was the music group known as the Dirty Curls. It was part of the 10,000 laughs festival. It was the fourth show I had seen, and this was on the final night. It was a nice way for me to close out the festival. There was another show after it across town but I was getting tired, so I went home.
   I am watching an animated show, Golan the Insatiable, and I think it is the one I had heard about because the Wisconsin girl is one of the voices in it. One episode was about the tooth fairy, and the other about attending a funeral. Her character looks like a little goth girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment