Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Show

     I had the day off to attend a meeting at another facility. Before departing I decided to watch a DVD I had bought recently, 'Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Show'. He toured with 4 comics, 30 cities in 30 days. I liked this comedy documentary. Some cities I had been to before, others I haven't. I would like to see Austin, TX, and Nashville, TN. It was great to see interviews with the families of the comics as well. It covered the craft well, even if it had more footage off-stage than on-stage I know we need to see more than just telling jokes. The tour was from 2005, and it was a part of the video to speak of Hurricane Rita, which led to some shows being canceled on the Gulf coast. Then at other shows, free tickets were given to evacuees living in a state park. I sure got my money's worth from watching it, since it was just $2 after discounts at a liquidation sale.
    The meeting was in Eden Prairie, and I had some time before it began where I was able to go get pictures at the Vikings practice facility, known as Winter Park. I knew well enough to be quick about it, move on before anyone has the chance to say 'You don't belong here'. There were some wrap sandwiches at this meeting, and this was the first time I did the mentoring program orientation in person. Usually I just dial in, and some did do this but hard to know how many. I got more pictures at this facility, including of their big cafeteria. They don't allow photos at my office, so I liked being able to take some while there. I was home for a little while, then left again to go see a pumpkin farm in Ham Lake. I liked seeing their Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues, first visit there in two years. The owner claims to remember me from a previous visit, and wondered what happened with my relationship. This surprised me. It was odd that he said he was willing to sell the apple or pumpkin pies for $10 instead of $12. This was in response to me saying it seemed to be kind of steep for a pie, and I asked if there was half-pies available. I turned him down as I finally noticed they were 'Take and bake', and I prefer a 'Ready to eat' pie. I got some cheddar cheese popcorn for $3 instead. On my way back I got more photos from the Saints baseball stadium. I wanted to get pictures of the pavement art, there was 27 separate panels. After checking email at home, it was off to the comedy club. The big dog showed me a sketch I am in on his phone. I liked it, this continues the soap opera theme from before.
    At the comedy club tonight, a comic I recall having somebody play 'small world after all' was MC. Blind Side did one about a Robert DeNiro impression by his lady. Others were about a pact with a single friend, and Shaq/Fat Albert. He is adopted and knows what he is worth. The sweater vest is not fashionable. Mason City did one about his deaf dog. He was running crazy, and bath salts. It is a NASCAR dog, only goes left, and it has hookworm. Apron did one about somebody taking his parking spot. There was a Planet of the Apes reference, and Menards. Fantasia did one about girls liking jerks. Another was 'do it like you're angry'. Ding Dong did one about an easy-bake crematorium, and a drive by clowning. Big dog did one about Christian Mingle. He saw a dead body, and did one about taking things for granted, as well as his dad's sport jackets. He questioned 'honor her?' in marriage vows. His lady gets quiet when mad, and pronounced the word 'charade' as 'sha-rod'. Mr. Pibb did one about knowing 13 Emilys. Another was about a weird family, all the same name. This was followed by doing something every day that scares you, and having a cop tied up in the trunk. People fear clowns and commitment. Others were about gunshot noises in rap music, just stating the facts, and an instructor offering pizza and beer after being absent. He was pretend reading Harry Potter, why not On The Road? Final story was about wanting to kiss 3 girls at a party, but had to kiss each other first.

No comments:

Post a Comment