Wednesday, October 22, 2014

On Duty As House Manager

     Tonight I was on duty as house manager at the 10,000 laughs comedy festival. It was Punch-line Punch-out. At first I didn't see much of the show as I was taking my duties seriously. The main thing I did was help with seating people, strongly encourage them to sit in the front row but few did. The second row was way more popular. I had seen this kind of show before, as I recall at last year's festival. It looks like the kind of show I could excel at. It may have been just as appropriate to call me a 'Guide' as I answered questions like where the bathrooms were, and asked if they had been to the ticket office first. I saw that they had menus on their table and said a server should be with them shortly. Later on I did watch some of the show from the back. I was pleased that the big dog was show closer. This of course meant he was on when the votes were being counted. After the show I added the Netflix comic to my 'Ring of honor'. She was not performing tonight, but was in this show last night. Some of those who did perform tonight included Kentucky, the radio personality, laundry comic, and the Hillary Clinton look-alike. I did have my customary beer, but it was well before the show began. It looked like some of those who showed up expected to see the typical open-mic show.
Many of these people left after finding this out.
   I am moving right along on using up the items I bought at the Rainbow Foods liquidation sale over the weekend. Now it is down to 12, as I had another can of soup for lunch and then the frozen pizza for one in the evening. At work we did the Wii dancing near the end of the day, and the first song we danced to was 'Barbra Streisand' as I had heard it when at the comedy club the previous night.

No comments:

Post a Comment