Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Comedy Festival Promoting

     After work tonight I was busy with promoting a comedy festival that will be next week. I stopped at 9 places before I finally headed to the comedy club. The first place was a community center, was told they needed approval for displaying anything. It was easiest to display the cards- or handbills- at two grocery stores, as both had bulletin boards. Then there was a Subway sandwich shop, and a Clark gas station. A self-service laundry, hot dog place, and a German restaurant were next. Finally was a music store, I got both kinds of posters displayed there. One of the employees recognized me from doing stand-up. I got pictures at each of the places I left handbills at, wanting to prove I was serious about helping out. I bought a CD and two postcards at the music store. It was a comedy CD- Denis Leary. There are a few more places I want to visit of course.
   At the comedy club tonight, Mason City was MC and International Falls was show closer. I got some shout-outs from Mason City, and I like these. He spoke of me being a 'Local psychopath' that likes Lady Gaga and Social Distortion. In another he spoke of me being rendered to a 'Weird orgasmic position' by the laughing I was doing. Another was about a light saber.
    Fever did one about a body zit. Others were about how he quit gambling, but now steals airport food. Another was about Motel 6 having the same material for drapes and sheets. Lunch Lady did ones about being in charge, and training people over MEA. Others were about first ladies, and the state fair. Ex-TSA did ones about a mid-life crisis, Tony the Tiger, and the MN/WI cities. Others were about the military paying him to go away, and TSA meaning thousands standing around. Bus fare did ones about a town meeting off the rails, and a sandwich problem. Others were about being uncomfortable with his hands, and someone to drink with. The D.C. native did ones about breast cancer, and the detox triple crown. Others were about the Japanese Embassy, Denver plane ticket, and buying a napkin. International Falls did one about it being a 3-4 birth control pill night. Others were about a dog rescue, street harasser, ripping out an IUD, and internet dating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment