Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Snap Chat

    At the comedy club tonight, I spoke with the nurses aide after the show and said I was not entirely familiar with what 'Snap Chat' was, but felt like I probably understood it well enough where the joke wasn't lost on me. She did explain it to me. I completed the writing about concerts I have attended for Mason City. I spent my lunchtime doing the commentary and observations, including mention of shows that I didn't get typed on the first writing. I really enjoyed it and I kept a copy for myself. When it was submitted tonight, I said it was best read when he had the time. While skimming it right away he asked about the Guns and Roses show from 1993, at the basketball arena in Iowa City. I don't recall if the band had their original lineup, my guess is they did not have it by then as some bands like themselves or The Pretenders have changed it multiple times. I did like sharing some memories of it like the opener was the Brian May band, and of course this was a member of the band Queen, where Freddie Mercury was front-man. And how GNR brought out a couch for their acoustic set and said 'We are going to sit here for 20 minutes and see what you are going to do'. Another was front-man Axl Rose playing piano- for the song 'November Rain'. He finished his drink, then he finished the song.
      The D.C. native was MC tonight. He did ones about vodka and olives, shows in Chattanooga, and detox facilities. Others were 5th on the 3rd, there are no consequences, pill and bathroom, and buying a napkin. A comic who sent me a video with him wearing a shirt with a baby on it also performed. He did ones about Homer Simpson, and having a December 26 birthday. He does a voice impression of his dad, about Christian Ponder. It continued with his dad saying 'tell her I love her', though his parents are divorced. A comic who speaks about winning the 'mom meat raffle' did this joke, along with one about dating somebody with just one spoon. She is dating her ex-husband, and spoke of disappointment about stealing the Sunday paper. There were no coupons for cigarettes, weed, or Taco Bell. The red-faced comic did ones about DUIs, and how his car runs on birthday wishes. He was fired at Little Caesars, and did another one about being on a desert island. Dictionary did ones about his lady's alarm clock, a cocoon from the covers, along with NASCAR and Busch Light. The Hillary Clinton look-alike did one about having a rare form of bulimia, caused by alcohol. Others were about flirting at Subway, an odd match at OK Cupid, dating a Harry Potter nerd, and 'Hey Buddy!' Long Straw did one about Weekend at Bernie's. Others were about a Cubs urn, managing a Blockbuster Video, and eating lobster. Mason City did ones about a dirty text message to his mom, and they're homeless people not aliens. Others were about a dead rabbit, preschool, an IRS agent, Nicolas Cage, Monsanto gave us stationery, and a text message to his wife. A comic who has served in the Navy did one about 'don't hurt my friend'. Another was about Shaquille O'Neal and Chewbacca. The nurses aide did ones about dating her boss, and 3-somes. Others were about snap-chat, fries and ranch, eggs are dying, and tinted windows. The Yemen native did ones about how he doesn't carry babies, and teaching Arabic. Another was about a civil war in Yemen, and a rocket landed near his relative's home. When he is homesick, he goes to Detroit. Others were about listening to rap, his lady went roofing, and another guy's name. The rapper comic did one about having a Rudy moment playing football. Another was about a grand finale, and fireworks. A comic who had done a joke about a killer whale at Sea World did ones about winter weather coming, and a state fair carnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment