Monday, October 6, 2014

Chinese Coin Found

    While walking through the skyway at midday I decided to check the change counter to see if there were any rejected coins. I was pleased that I found some once again- four in all. Two were Canadian quarters. One was a peso from the Dominican Republic, and the fourth was a Yi Jiao. I had to look it up online and it said this was from China. In a metro area this size, with a major airport, I think it increases the odds of seeing foreign coins. I already wrote about finding one from the Bahamas. I was quick about it, in an out so it meant there was a low chance of getting noticed where people might ask questions. I can use the Canadian coins for my next visit to Canada, whenever this may be. Since I like baseball a lot I had said it would be nice to do a baseball tour of the Dominican sometime, but not sure when I would have enough time and money for it. So seeing a coin from there is nice.
   I was onstage at the comedy club tonight, fourth in the lineup. I did mostly new jokes and was surprised I had to contend with a heckler, which is rare. I said she should sign up next week, but this didn't seem to be enough to shut her down. An employee did speak to her though. I noticed after I left the stage that it didn't faze me, as I ended up doing most of the jokes I wanted to. There was one I did a shortened version of at the end. I probably could have handled it better, but could have also handled it much worse than I did. Not much experience with hecklers, this may be a good thing. But I learned something from the experience and will likely get some comedy material from it. The Maryland native said I did fine, and a few said they liked my set as well. I did jokes about ear wax, the band leader in New Ulm, an annoying woman on the bus, un-necessary guilt, and Vivian Maier.
     Long straw did ones about a Cubs urn, lobster, and people living in 1901. Tortoise and hare did ones about threesomes, and Fonzie not doing his A game. Turtle check did ones about why he's single, along with hunting, and parents trash talking. The Yemen native did one about teaching Arabic, and a rap. Bus fare did ones about a sandwich top, pizza, a bathrobe, and the walk of shame. The red-faced comic did ones about Coldplay, and Red Robin. The 'Extra murder' comic did ones about a jump-rope, and not his real name. School bouncer did ones about a text oath, step-kids, and Redbox. Fantasia did ones about a tornado drill, and girls like jerks. The bathtub comic did ones about a petting zoo, and a clarinet. Maryland did ones about his condo, shy in his car, and don't eat the shrimp. Postage stamp did one about socks, and his hometown. University accountant did ones about Red Bull, cream of wheat, Barnum, and the red hat society. The sub teacher did ones about safe words, his lady, and the president. Perkins did ones about walking dead, and how he was almost towed. The show closer is from Madison, and did one about Nicolas Cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment