Monday, October 27, 2014

Wild World, Cat Stevens

     I was driving over to the comedy club tonight and heard the song 'Wild World' and it is still a mystery as to which artist it was. I know full well it wasn't the original, by Cat Stevens, now known as Yusuf Islam. It was on radio station 106.3, out of River Falls, WI. I listened to five other versions from Youtube, and none of them seemed to be it. This includes: Mr. Big, Skins, Maxi Priest, Joanna Wang, James Blunt. I let Mason City know about this and he suggested some other artists, so now I have more ideas. I am good at finding many things, and it can eat at me when I can't find something.
   I will be adding another comic to my 'Ring of Honor', the nursing home employee. I decided to do a re-take with Turtle Check as there was just too much glare from my glasses and I had a hard time looking at it and liking it on Facebook.
   At work they had little cinnamon rolls this morning for the kickoff of the weeklong United Way campaign. The silent auction items were out by the guard station by the end of the day. We were given a little glass container as well.
    At the comedy club tonight, the bartender did ones about 'taco-cat', Nebraska, and 'guns and drugs'. Ragu did one about a roller coaster. Blind Side did one about the Simpsons, and 'Fat Albert and Shaq'. The crow did ones about his jacket, weed, cut teeth/wrist, and hipsters. IED/IUD did one about Obamacare. The apron comic did one about a restroom key, and a German woman. The opera singer was wearing a Mt. Rushmore shirt, and did one about cougar bait. Laundry did one about Rusty Taco. Resistable did ones about a hipster roommate, talking about Nicki Minaj at Applebee's, and her air-bed. Turtle check did one about dating himself. School bouncer did one about Redbox. Mason City did one about his deaf dog, and bath salts. Maryland did ones about his condo, and yoga pants. The Wisconsin guy did ones about the Target clinic, and Cuba. Louisiana did one about Neosporin. Fever did one about 'are you old?' The bathtub comic was show closer, and did ones about a zoo lockdown, polar bears in Detroit, a clarinet, and banana bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment