Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Forks Over Knives Movie

  At midday at work we started watching a documentary called 'Forks over knives', studying health problems from dietary habits. We will watch it in 3 segments, 30 minutes at a time. When mention is made of fast food, I am lost when there is talk of Arthur Treacher's fish and chips since there aren't any locations near me in the Twin Cities. I am more familiar with Long John Silver, but I haven't eaten there much either.
    Tonight I went up a down escalator, hadn't done this in a while. I liked knowing I could still do it. I decided to do it since the up escalator was blocked off.
    At the comedy club tonight, bathtub was MC. He did jokes about anniversaries and mall walking. This was followed by hangman of your life, lines in sand, about a marriage proposal. He spoke of being on last comic standing, and the dog is not a rescue dog. But it does wear a life jacket. The godmother did ones about a bucket list, cleaning up leaves, and buying a Jeep- an expensive midlife crisis for her husband. This was followed by Mutual of Omaha, then Estes Park, and a mailman with latex gloves. A comic I call 'Brew' said being fired was like a breakup, and he dated a dumb girl. The former cop did ones about e-how, his mom, a fad diet, getting divorced, and sleep apnea. The D.C. native did ones about Hazelden, a Facebook message, and stealing dinner. Not sure what to call the next comic, though at the end I wrote Iggy (Azalea)  and Selena (Gomez) songs as those were playing as she entered and exited the stage. She did ones about anti-depressants, and sexual side effects. This was followed by hand held showerheads, and being obsessive compulsive and watching 'Mrs. Doubtfire'. She finished with 'Why did you want the binoculars?' and walking around naked with the lights on. The yemen native was show closer. He did ones about how he doesn't carry babies, is Wal-Mart hiring?, working in a computer shop, and the phone doesn't vibrate. Others were about a hoodie and joining ISIS, walking in Maple Grove, and she said another man's name. His lady was a farm volunteer, another bit was about a stolen car, and he wrapped up with one about teaching Arabic. The Mason City native asked me about the band Iron Maiden, I said I had heard of them and that was all. It was largely due to the reference in the movie 'Bill and Ted'.
  At work the political science guy said he ran a re-education camp, after I expressed fears that he may be sent to one after some of the comments he has made like how he is not a fan of companies being owned by stockholders. We work for one that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment