Thursday, October 16, 2014

Crystal Farms Variety Pack

     I went to a grocery store tonight in West St. Paul, a Cub Foods. I wanted to get to the Rainbow, since it is having a liquidation sale, but it was already closed for the night. I got a roll of toilet paper, an 8-pack of Keebler peanut butter crackers, and a variety pack of Crystal Farms cheese. It was cheddar, marble jack, and Swiss. I had hoped to find single serving string cheese, but the smallest pack was 10, so I went with the 8-pack of slices. I ate 3 of the slices already, in my car before I went anywhere. I had found an article on the Minneapolis paper's website when looking up times for a Vietnam movie about two more Rainbow Foods locations closing- the other is in Minneapolis near Hiawatha. I wanted pictures and still can get some, but it will have to wait until this weekend.
   It was another good night of comedy festival promoting. I went to three more places tonight to hang posters, so now all the posters and cards have been displayed somewhere. I found bulletin boards at a Panera bread, Potbelly sandwiches, and Half-price books. I think I had been to the Panera bread location, when it was a Blockbuster Video. Then it was off to the grocery store.
    The political science guy said he felt like a dodo bird today. He also spoke of how he wrote a master's thesis about conflict in the Arctic related to things like oil rights. After work I liked seeing the Science Museum employee. I am not used to seeing her after work, only before as we usually ride the same bus into downtown but she gets off at an earlier stop than me. She was laughing when I told a story about why I quit a church while living in suburban Chicago- I didn't like the preacher's sermons. He spoke about the family dog and the Virginia Tech football team in sermons, so I quit and found another church. She did hear earlier this week about my work to promote the comedy festival, and expressed interest in seeing me perform stand-up comedy soon. I said I knew of one show I am doing next month, and gave out a business card. I know this was somebody I likely wrote about before. She grew up in some of Chicago's housing projects, knowing Kirby Puckett and Mr. T.  

No comments:

Post a Comment