Friday, October 24, 2014

Feed The Fear, Mini Donuts

     I went to the haunted house in Maplewood tonight. I got plenty of pictures, about a dozen. The first was the crowd in line behind me. Next was an actor, wearing a beret, a skeleton mask, and bib overalls. There were welcome signs right by the entrance, one was about a 'Low-scare day'. After I got out, there was mention of Facebook photos being available so I did one. There was a skeleton on a cross and two skulls displayed like a bust flanking the cross. I liked seeing a Maytag washing machine still as part of the haunted house inside. Near the Facebook photo area, there was a hearse and a coffin car driven by a skeleton. Then I saw a funhouse, a moonlight monster hunt, and 'Feed the fear'. This was a food stand selling mini donuts. There was a wagon ride to Aldrich Arena, but I didn't use it as I needed the exercise to and from my car. With the Facebook photos I was informed I can like the page for the haunted house and then tag myself when I find it.
   I am not on Twitter much, but I was tonight after seeing an entry from 2010 was read. I knew it was my 'Ohio friend' I had written about, now a journalist in Florida. I liked the metaphor I use in poetry, including this one. I called myself a 'Sad little puppy' locked up in a cage I had built for myself. Then this friend bought me and trained me into a winner. Or did I train myself? The imagery of the puppy works well, better than just saying 'Hiding behind a cloak of degradation', which is what I did for a while. But I like how I can work through things with my writing and comedy, since I am good at both and enjoy doing both. I wrote a lot about music in the entry, no surprise there. Even tonight I liked a song I heard on my car radio after the event, one memorable lyric was 'Rosemary'. I am thinking this may be an Interpol song. Besides the one sent to my 'Ohio friend', I also left one about seeing some of game 3 of the World Series, San Francisco vs. Kansas City. The Kansas City Royals won on the road to take a 2-1 lead. I also got a ticket ordered for a concert at First Avenue in Minneapolis next month, Lucinda Williams. I liked reading a Wall Street Journal article about her from September, and I will have to see what CDs of hers are available at Cheapo Records. Of course there is also Youtube. I used this site to find some Rihanna songs before her 2011 concert at Target Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment