Sunday, October 19, 2014

Brunch At Hamline

    I went to a debate-watching party this morning at Hamline University in St. Paul, it was for the Minnesota governor's race between Mark Dayton and Jeff Johnson. There was donuts and apples, we watched it in a residence hall as we were unable to get into the actual venue. After it was a brunch being advertised in another building. It was good food, really liked the eggs and bacon. But I found out it was another political event, as they were handing out flyers. So I had some more eggs and I left.
    After the debate party, it was on to get more posters displayed for the comedy festival. I had just four left and I sent them to Dunn Brothers coffee near Snelling. I saw Garrison Keillor walking from the parking lot as the bookstore he owns is near there. But I didn't say anything. The other place I went to was also a coffee shop- the Caribou on Ford Parkway. It was almost midday by then, so I wasn't home for long before the next event- seeing the Bears game at Alary's bar in downtown St. Paul. I did find Kentucky there with his wife and we did get a ring of honor photo done early in the game, shortly after I got there. He was in a tent in the back, with somebody wearing a 26 jersey like the servers were. My guess is this was the owner, especially when there were 'Reserved' signs on the table. I had one beer, and then a burger at halftime. The Bears trailed 14-0 at the half to the Miami Dolphins and lost to Miami 27-14. Before leaving downtown I did get a photo of a merchandise truck, for the Pearl Jam concert at the Xcel Center. People were already lined up, hours before the show. I have seen them twice, didn't feel the need to see them this time.
    I made it over to the Rainbow Foods in West St. Paul, it is having a liquidation sale and I got 19 items for about $30, things are 25% off. Some I will use more quickly than others, already ate the fruit cup. The non-food items were toilet paper and dish soap. I picked up a few items I haven't tried in a while- La Choy chow mein and Tuna Helper.
   In the evening I watched some of the Simpsons Halloween episode, some of it was about Moe getting slapped around and playing a Brit. Then it was watching some of the Sunday night football game, Broncos- 49ers. Peyton Manning was honored for being a record breaker- for TD passes. There was mention made of john Elway looking on overhead, since he now has a front office job with the Broncos. I posted on Facebook how it's kind of funny, isn't it? Manning got most of those TDs with the Colts- the same team Elway REFUSED to play for. I also posted on Facebook how I had to count it again as to how many comics are in my ring of honor. I decided to re-tag them by sequence in terms of when they were added.  

No comments:

Post a Comment