Sunday, October 5, 2014

Compiling Concert List

     I knew I had some time today to compile a list of concerts I had been to. This was prompted by a facebook posting to the Mason City native that arose out of Bus Fare's mention of being scared to watch the movie 'Willy Wonka'- the one starring Gene Wilder- as a kid. I made mention of another Gene Wilder movie, 'Young Frankenstein', and where I saw it- happened to be in Winnipeg for a Van Halen concert. Mason City is well known for his music knowledge. So I said I should compile the list, and he can tell me what he thinks of the concerts I have been to over the years. I found out I had stubs or 'Print at home' tickets from over 60 concerts, starting with Genesis at Cyclone Stadium in Ames, Iowa, in 1992. Some stubs were from music- related events, like plays or museums or even a laser light show. I am familiar with free concerts I have seen where of course there was no ticket. I went to the library after writing them down after watching some of the Bears-Panthers game, the Panthers won. It left me with just 30 minutes before closing, but I am pleased with getting most of the list typed up. It mainly just leaves commentary about it, as my mobility is evident with where I have seen shows over the years. And of course the genres, by who I dated for more than two years.
   I drove over to South St. Paul in hopes of going to a Booya soup serving, but it looks like the festival having it had been on Saturday when I was at another event. I did say when looking at it on the website how the day of the week didn't seem to match up with the given date. Then it was on to Alary's Bar in downtown St. Paul, in case I saw the Kentucky native there to get a 'Ring of honor' photo but he wasn't there. I went to the nearby Super-America to get a slice of pepperoni pizza and some Nutter Butter cookies and vitamin water, then headed back to my car and drove home. If he isn't there and it is on local TV then I might as well watch it at home, where I am more comfortable doing things like falling asleep, and I did doze off briefly in my easy chair.
   I knew I was running out of time to look at another thing, requesting tickets for a sports festival, so I studied it tonight and chose three events- two baseball sessions and one boxing session. The order went through my Ticket-Master account. Those happen to be the sports I am most interested in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment