Thursday, October 9, 2014

Helping With A Drawing

    There was a meeting I attended in the afternoon at work. A senior leader asked me to help with the drawing of prizes, more than once. We have spoken many times before, and he seems to be impressed with how I do stand-up comedy. But both times, I did not draw my own name. One was small tickets, the other was our completed 'Fill in the blank' forms about our new business strategy after an IPO. In the morning was a fire drill, the political science guy made a few jokes about it. Odd that a chatterbox colleague said she didn't do stairs, well sometimes one needs to. I still have a hard time ignoring her, I think most people would. I liked how it wasn't too hard to see that things were caught up by the end of the day as I am out of the office Friday. We were also given more goodies for 'Celebrate You' week. One was a small bag of pretzels, the other a half-can (7.5 ounces) of Mountain Dew. I said this didn't meet our Health Ahead standards. I drank half of this can and dumped the rest.
    I went to the comedy club tonight and was there to support friends in a contest. The Hillary Clinton look-alike invited me on Facebook. The Maryland native was also a finalist. So 2 people from my 'Ring of honor' were in it. Conga line and self-checkout were there, as well as a male secretary and a comic I hadn't written about in a while- a speech therapist. So I basically knew all of the six, hard to know who to vote for. Self checkout won. Normally I just have beer, but I made it to the club earlier than typical as seating for an expected sell-out began early. My food order was late but it was 'Comped' so I am not complaining about it. The radio personality said she mentioned me on a podcast she did recently, that I did as well. It flattered me. She was the MC tonight and for most of the contest, and we did a photo after the show so she will be added to the 'Ring of honor'.

No comments:

Post a Comment