Thursday, October 30, 2014

Comet Candy, Erbert Gerbert

    I had a Comet Candy sandwich from Erbert Gerbert, not the first time where the boss has bought us sandwiches. It is ham and roast beef. Normally I go there on a Friday and get a Boney Billy, a turkey sandwich. I liked this one, and based on searches online there are other meanings or uses for this term that I will have to look at further. Also saw 'Bar', 'Mold', and 'Canada'.
   I let the 'Extra murder' comic know on facebook about the United Way fundraising campaign at my office this week, since a silent auction item reminded me of one of his jokes. It was the Rabbit corkscrew, and his joke is about the 'Other rabbit tool', as I recall it is a sex toy. He hasn't done this joke in a while. I also spoke of it to Mason City when I was at the comedy club tonight. I said I have learned a lot about life by doing comedy, things I know full well I wouldn't have heard about otherwise. Another notable thing was letting the Big Dog know on Facebook about how there is a 'Translator' for me. I said there is about 5 typical responses that one gets out of me when I hear jokes.
   At Wii dancing we danced to various songs. This included 'SOS' by Rihanna, and the Monster Mash. One was by Kesha, as I recall it was 'Tick Tock' since a mention was made of Mick Jagger. 
Another was 'Walk like an Egyptian' by the Bangles. I may have found the version of 'Wild World' I heard on the radio from Monday, It seems to be the one by Marc Cohn. I am familiar with his song 'Walking in Memphis'. It reminds me of my college roommate, who once lived there, and this was why I made a visit there.
    At the comedy club tonight, The Crow was MC. He did the one about the 'Dear Alcohol' love letter. The lunch lady did one about being in charge of 23, and serving 3200. We are hiring, and the First Lady went after fat kids. She is afraid of losing her job due to salt, and she spoke of state fair food as well. Laundry did ones about quicksand, zombies, and roundabouts. Perkins did one about women with tattoos. They're not wine. Others were about a flashlight at an art museum, and a kid stuck in an axle, some reference to his sister. He finished with a goat like Frankenstein, and burned alive in a windmill. Apron did one about somebody taking his parking spot. Others were a Planet of the Apes reference, unfriended on Facebook, Menards, and I should be the coach. The godmother did ones about a bucket list, and buying a Jeep, taking it on a road trip to Colorado. She continued with Walgreen BBQ items, honoring a dead parent, doctors without egos, and internet pics about butt rashes. The finishers were dead people clothes at Goodwill, perfume causing headaches, and the mailman with latex gloves. A comic I haven't written about much before did one about dating a guy with just one spoon. You had me at pizza rolls, and he's a feminist- she pays for everything. She was disappointed about stealing a paper and seeing no cigarette, weed, or Taco Bell coupons. Mason City did one about his deaf dog, but he's smart. We could change his name to Spider-Man, or Mr. Belvedere. He comes to you if he feels like it, and bath salts are out of control. He turns left-like NASCAR- and has hookworm. When he saw 'ET', there were bats and fallen bricks in the movie theater. They're not aliens, but homeless people by the railroad tracks. Rut-roh did one about his feet smelling like cheese he can't afford. Others were about chess with Bob Seger, a mulligan on a real handshake, and Sarah Jessica Parker's face- beating a dead horse. This was followed by Smash Mouth and Shrek, and crack is vegan. The Wisconsin girl did one about wine in a box with a handle. It looked like 2 briefcases, the other was Rotisserie chicken. Others were about Dress Barn and Fleet Farm for fashion items, and it's the best time to be alive. There was the Sunday Fun-day thing, Walgreen canceled my Prozac, and emotional baggage- a Harlequin Romance. This was followed by a man in Southern Comfort breath, and wouldn't tell her about puberty, then not reading the right source material. A comic that does jokes about having her mother-in-law from Argentina do the cooking and cleaning did one about get you skinny, get you fat. She is a personal trainer, but could also be a pizza chef. The Wisconsin man did one about erectile dysfunction ads. Others were about a flight to Las Vegas, and pilots don't like suggestions. This was followed by starfish and jester hat, and a case of the 'dumpy frumpies'. The bartender did ones about 'taco-cat', tater tots, and his lady's coupon book being re-gifted. The show closer was Kentucky. He did one about an injured ankle, and urgent care. Did you eat your banana? This was followed by eating at Taco Bell, and a fish swimming into a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment