Thursday, October 2, 2014

Spaghetti In Conference Room

     I went to have lunch in the main break room and I noticed a door to our main conference room was open. Nobody was in there, but I saw some pans of leftover spaghetti. So I decided to claim some of it and heated it up in the microwave oven. A senior leader showed up eventually, but I was nearly finished by then and she didn't say anything. Neither did I.
   I went to an art event in northeast Minneapolis tonight. It was a part of town I hadn't seen before. On this street I also saw a boxing club called 'Uppercut', an appropriate name for a boxing venue. I got plenty of pictures as liked what I was seeing. A big fish on a hook was hanging off the side of one building. Another had a sign that looked like it was from a church.
   I hope to hear something soon about being able to volunteer at a comedy festival later this month. I tried to complete an online form but there was a password problem, unable to complete, or submit, the form. So I sent a message on Facebook through the event invite and was told somebody would follow up with me. It happens to be one of the performers I said I want to see at this festival. I am still reminded of the lesson from when I was young. When I joined my high school's football team as equipment manager, I said I liked being able to get in free to all the games. And I have seen these opportunities many times since then. Want to get in free to an event? Be willing to work same event. After hearing I wasn't performing, it didn't occur to me at first how I could volunteer as I hadn't done it in previous years. It should give me plenty of things to write about, and maybe even exposure to some comedy venues in the area that I haven't seen yet.
   In other issues, I let the Plymouth couple know about my plans to attend Oktoberfest in New Ulm soon. Hopefully I will see them there. I also heard from a classmate, he is a judge in Des Moines. But he told me how he was injured at another running event- his Achilles if I am not mistaken- so he will not be at the Twin City Marathon this weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment