Sunday, November 30, 2014

Emissions Test Cards

    I did some long-overdue cleanup for much of the day. It meant going through a box near my laptop table as well as the file cabinet. I got a good look at everything in the lower drawer of the file cabinet. Much of it was owner manuals and annual car insurance policies. But I also found some reminders of my time living in suburban Chicago for nearly 6 years. This included some emissions test cards, something I do recall having to do there but it is not required in Minnesota. These cards were from long enough ago that most of the cards are for a car I no longer own- a Pontiac Grand Am. Next to these cards were forms related to when I did jury service. Much of what I did was move things around, like tourist brochures into a different box in another room, or to a strong box with other valued documents. Some forms were shredded though. And now I have a small stack of forms I would like to get into sheet protectors and in a binder. But I will need more sheet protectors, and I usually just get the smallest pack, 10 sheets.
   In the evening I went to a comedy show I performed at, the venue was the Hexagon Bar in Minneapolis. I did jokes about being accident prone, a ring bearer, words that make me laugh, wine and dine me, scaring people at the Soap Factory, and an annoying office colleague.
   School bouncer and Worthington were on Channel 11 after the late news, discussing the Vikings game. Worthington was funny when making a comment about healing people with leeches. Just as funny was how the next program was about elk hunting. I heard about it after getting back from the comedy show by checking Facebook.
   At the comedy show tonight, International Falls did ones about giving up casual sex, Mother's Day, social work, and a dog rescue. Perkins did ones about the same sweater, Under Armor,  and meeting his lady's cat. Resistable did ones about how much cats eat, a restaurant in Las Vegas, hair too red for Target, adopt a highway, strip clubs in Iowa, and a candlelight vigil. Nurses aide did ones about dating advice, doing laundry, bus conversations, and a retirement plan. Blind Side did ones about a lost ATM card, avoiding high school classmates, his lady doing impressions, and sex like sumo wrestling. Pizza Philosopher did ones about delivering pizza at Planned Parenthood, a check
engine light, and how the machines take over. Red-faced comic did ones about Coldplay, a fake $10 bill, and can you not tip? The frontwoman for a local band started off with one about the noose hanging from the ceiling near the stage. Others were about being followed on Spotify, may I wrap your pizza? and wearing plaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment