Monday, January 19, 2015

Babes In Toyland Movie

      I had the day off from work and watched the other DVD on loan from the library, 'Babes in Toyland'. I did enjoy it way more than the play version I saw last month. I was left with the feeling that I may have seen it before, or a similar movie. I say this because of the scenes near the end at toyland, when the machine at the factory explodes due to going too fast. It did remind me at times of 'Wizard of Oz', and the original operetta by Victor Herbert did have some of the same people work on 'Oz' as well. But it also reminded me of a later story, 'Shrek'. Because of the fairy tales mentioned in it and of course trying to stop a wedding. Tommy Sands was Tom in it, not too familiar with this actor. I had heard of Annette Funicello and Ray Bolger. I did like the villain and the hired goons, like when they said let us pussyfoot, or let us lurk. But of course some already know about this where lurking means something different for me, a private joke.
   I did make it to the comedy club tonight, after returning both movies to the library and getting a few items at Goodwill. One was a book written by Sparky Lyle about the Yankees baseball teams of the 1970s known as the Bronx Zoo. I also got 2 CDs, by Coldplay and Incubus.
    At the comedy club, the MC did ones about working construction, once working at a grocery store, and it just felt right. Blind side did ones about a double agent, Shaq, and a Robert DeNiro impression. Turtle check did one about hard to sniff. Maryland did ones about 'Friends' on Netflix, dog on patio, and a hockey fight. Others were about no mold, meth lab, Nike, and a high horse. The university accountant did ones about Kentucky Fried Chicken, Cheetos, streaking, and 7 dwarfs. Tetris did ones about a jar at Target, and a peach. Wisconsin girl did ones about her mom's meds, an Improv class, ointment, and a beer gut. Extra murder did ones about the system works, glasses, and 80's sitcoms. School bouncer did ones about vanilla Oreos, throwback Thursday, and the movie 'Blind Side'. Bathtub did ones about a petting zoo at a wedding, sunscreen at night, the movie 'Far and away', and a hipster. I got a shout-out from Perkins, who did ones about braces, mom as time traveler, an old bed, and cranberry soda water. Laundry did ones about fruit trays, melon, and potlucks. Louisiana did ones about Neosporin, a Subaru, and tree seeds. Sub teacher did ones about MNDOT, FDR, NRA and abortion, the movie 'Remember the titans', and unfit athletic directors. Postage stamp did ones about Yoda, lord of the flies, street preachers, and Jehovah Witnesses. Three by three did ones about a monkey ancestor, anorexic burglar, burnt tires, and being a wedding performer.         

No comments:

Post a Comment