Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Bar Basketball

     At the workplace there is a game room cubbyhole, and one of the games is bar basketball. I played it while waiting to do Wii dancing in the afternoon, but the fill-in event coordinator was stuck on a conference call. I played 4 games and left, usually I just do two. I cracked the century mark for the first time, at 113, in my second game.
    I did a guest set at the comedy club tonight, Worthington was headliner and Opera singer was feature. The MC was from Pennsylvania. I liked trying some new jokes, it went well. I filmed myself for the first time in a while. It meant going to Walgreen before heading to the club. I needed another memory card and fresh batteries for the video camera. I also picked up a sandwich and drink while there since I hadn't eaten dinner yet. I ended up in somebody's camera phone photo after the show, and I am adding IED/IUD to the 'Ring of Honor'. A crowd member liked the patriotic shirt I was wearing, this was why I did the photo with them. It was intentional to wear this shirt so then I could do the joke about it, where I have been to all of the places depicted on it. Another joke was about famous people I had met recently, Governor Mark Dayton as well as WCCO sports reporter Mike Max. With Mr. Max it was just last night at the Gopher basketball game. It felt good to get such a coveted gig, especially after hearing who was getting the same slot after me- some were professional comics. Another was about a recent visit to Taco Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment