Thursday, January 8, 2015

Incentive Program Meeting

     At work there was two meetings today, and one of them was about a new incentive program. It was a quick one, I wrote down five minutes but it was more like two. We got ballots to vote our colleagues for awards each month. But I see this as problematic as it may just become a popularity contest. For a long time I have said I am here to work and not win a popularity contest. The first meeting of the day was done by my boss's boss, I like her meetings as they are to the point and don't take long. It was mainly a recap of the changes we encountered from the previous year. I was mentioned for the letters I now do, settled and paid in full.
    Tonight was a good night for staying in and listening to comedy CDs done by friends. One of them was Mason City, the other was the Batman fan from Fargo-Moorhead. With both there wasn't much that I didn't like or didn't laugh at, but I liked some jokes more than others. I am quite familiar with Mason City's comedy. I had listened to his CD before but did it again in order to know what to write for an Amazon review. With the latter I said the jokes I liked were largely due to them being relatable. Unsure if it is a good or bad thing- that I can relate- but I know we comedians have plenty of shared pain.
    Tonight I watched 2 Big Bang Theory episodes. Syndicated rerun was about Penny borrowing money from Sheldon and prime time was about Sheldon and Leonard crying when their ladies shopped for clothes. Raj and Howard were about to visit a Hindu temple. I liked chatting with somebody who had a baseball book on the bus in the evening, it was about Bill Lee, The Spaceman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment