Saturday, January 10, 2015

North Star Ball

     I went to the North Star Ball this evening at Union Depot in St. Paul. This was an inauguration party for Governor Mark Dayton. I made it there after I was caught up on errand running for the day. I made a to- do list and was pleased with what I got done. This included paying for my antivirus
protection at Best Buy, then doing laundry and getting groceries. I was in line for a while to get a picture with the governor and his running mate. Plenty of food there, and I got a bottle of Summit beer. After I parked my car I had to walk a few blocks to the venue. Somebody saw my Chicago Bears coat and started to talk to me about the team, asking me if they will keep Jay Cutler, their QB. I said I needed to read more about it. I didn't stop walking during this exchange as I didn't know who it was and really needed to be somewhere else. And it is still winter, so all the more reason to avoid standing around outside for long.
   I liked finding 2 CDs I wanted at Best Buy. One was comedy, the other music. First was Robin Williams- Night At The Met, second was Eminem's Eminem Show.
   Notable about doing laundry was who I saw there. It was a man who had a blue duffel bag, placed on a small appliance cart. He had a bag of hamburger buns and a bottle of Hawaiian Punch. When I left he was still there. I also saw as I was leaving he had a cigarette liter and a small pair of scissors. We didn't say word one to each other while I was there. I liked the challenge of trying to fish out what was caught between two washers, eventually I got out a snow brush from my car to reach in far enough. It was socks, and I threw those in the trash. Also found a quarter, and some paper from a roll of quarters. I used the quarter right away, for drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment