Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Shedding Tire Tread

     I have seen debris on the side of the road before which includes tire tread that was shed by a semi trailer. I now know this feeling a little better, as this happened with the laces on my winter shoes again in the evening when taking the bus home from work. I want to get through another season before having to replace them and already decided that one way of doing so was to use box tape when one of the laces broke apart.
     I listened to a friend's comedy CD tonight, will give the full review soon on Facebook and Amazon about it. Suffice it to say, it was shorter than most of them so far,  and this was number 20. So it meant I had the time to listen to it tonight before I went to the comedy club. I did all new jokes tonight, some worked better than others. I think I've had better comedy sets but I also know not all of them are going to be spectacular. Five local comics were mentioned in an article about being 'The ones to watch' this year, four of them are in my 'Ring of honor'. Since this is at nearly 60 now, it is probably time that it becomes its own Facebook album. this was prompted by somebody saying they couldn't find them, I said most of them are part of another album. So when I have the time it means moving photos into a new album.
    International Falls did ones about a police dog poem, adopted a coyote baby, and a Mom's Day poem. Long straw did ones about massage therapy, Plan C, and a sex train before age 23. Others were about a Star Trek magic food box, and an insult from childhood. Brew did ones about Netflix, quitting smoking, not awkward at all, doomed to fail, a Craigslist photo, and a masochist voodoo doll. Bus fare did ones about the McRib leaving the menu, taking the bus, Whitney Houston and coke, a horse died, cast of Deadwood, a ferret running away, teeth in hotel room, and an airport Chili's. An older comic did ones about being the youngest guy in Bakers Square, age spots, sleep in dirty sheets, and wearing Depends. A comic who has been to Greece did ones about tongue prints, 4th grade, plunger next to toilet, one eye and one light in Minot, and fish noodling. A comic I will call snap trap did this joke, and one about a Humane Society cat. Others were about Ugly Duckling or a pelican, not many compliments. thrown away Valentines, and donate a gift to Goodwill. Rut-roh did ones about Apollo 13, and bosses aren't cool. Others were about making out in a sports bar parking lot, relevant anecdote, Sarah Jessica Parker, a toothpick bridge, and a Charles Dickens first line. Mr. Pibb did ones about culture is dead, Hooters trivia night, who's Princess Diana, is this your cat, and looks same likes me less. Apron did ones about uncomfortable on a plane, relationship rumor, and O'Doul's. Ex-cop did one about a probation officer. Blind side did ones about his neighborhood, and a TGI Friday's closing.       

No comments:

Post a Comment