Saturday, January 17, 2015

Dangerfield's In Shakopee

     I went to see a show at Dangerfield's in Shakopee tonight. Bathtub was performing as headliner, and Sub Teacher was feature. The ex-cop was MC. First time at this venue, drove past Valley-fair to get there. When I was driving home after the show I didn't get far before I decided to pull off to the side of  the road. The moisture on the windshield made it too hard to see, and it wasn't going away with the wipers or the heater being used. So it meant doing it old school and getting a rag out of the trunk of my car. Sub teacher did ones about Williston, ND, Labor Day in China, Moe from 3 Stooges, Lady Gaza and Gaga, brides-men and mimosas, Little Caesar's and Snap Fitness, old lady and terrorist names, Michele Bachmann, Shakopee cougar, Berenstain Bears, overweight AD's, his lady and MNDOT, and a get well card to the couple.
      Bathtub did ones about Last Comic Standing, Dad's kale chips, Mom activating rivers, summon buffalo at Yellowstone, cinnamon rolls for Thanksgiving, moped rider and motorcycle helmet, selling a car on Craigslist, Valley-fair in winter, and his dressed-up dog. Others were about a gorilla escape at the zoo, cable wire fell down, two hundred dollars and a reset button, threw away a bird's nest, pepper plant, a one-year-old's birthday party, stole a horse named potato, proposing in the sand, pulling himself over, $41K in couch, and aggressive cuddler.
   This was a day of errand running. It meant going to the post office to pick up some E-bay orders, 3 in all. This includes the one from France, 'Up In The Air' movie promo cards. I turned in change at US Bank, just over six dollars, and deposited it in savings. I went to the library to print things, and found two movies I wanted to see there, 'Grumpier Old Men' and 'Babes In Toyland'. I also made it to a nearby Savers store were I found more Charlie Brown encyclopedia volumes. I had two from the 1980 edition, numbers 1 and 12. I added four more: numbers 4, 8, 10, and 13. Fifteen books are in the series. I ordered two more from E-bay tonight: numbers 5 and 6.
  After the library I went to Minneapolis and had a little Godfather's pizza at Bobby and Steve's. Then
I went on to The Loop where there was an Iowa Hawkeye basketball game watch, the Hawks held on to beat Ohio State.  

No comments:

Post a Comment