Friday, January 2, 2015

Valerie Loves Me, Material Issue

    After the comedy show I liked hearing a song and eventually was able to determine it was 'Valerie loves me'. On Youtube the version I saw first was by Material Issue. I also found one by Hole, and there was something about Larry Flynt from Hustler magazine in that video. It is a catchy song, hard to explain why. I am surprised I missed its time as a hit, but it is all about what music I listened to at the time and what those radio stations played. When I went off to college in Iowa City I heard a much wider variety of music than I did in small town Newton. Wikipedia said the band Material Issue is from Chicago. The live version I found on Youtube was from the Dennis Miller show.
   I was at the post office around midday and got a look at the stamps in the display case. I said to the kid next to me: I am leaving, you stay here. But the kid didn't listen and got out. Then an adult chased after the kid.
   At the comedy club tonight, a comic with a rapper alter ego did a shoulder flop rap and then jokes. The nurses aide did ones about the wrong stage, retirement plans, and backrubs. Happy Meal did ones about Grandpa's advice, and free stuff. International Falls did ones about birth control pills, a snow plow poem, friends sharing pictures of their babies on Facebook, and hug a cougar. Postage stamp did a Rodney Dangerfield knockoff. Ragu did ones about a truck stop, a pillow addict, Call of Duty, Insane Clown Posse, and Sex World. A comic who has been to Greece did ones about an elevator talk, and the band Styx. Bartender did ones about tater tots, a gold bikini, Nebraska, and taco-cat. Blind side did one about Fat Albert, along with the shows The Simpsons and Cops.  

No comments:

Post a Comment