Saturday, January 31, 2015

Minute Maid Fruit Falls

     I did my weekly visit to the grocery store in the evening and got some discount table items as usual. This included two pouches of Minute Maid fruit falls. It says it is a tropical naturally flavored water beverage. It appears to depict pineapple, pear, orange, and grape on the package. It has the typical 'Unit not labeled for individual sale' disclaimer on it. I got them for 50 cents each. It tasted fine.
   This was an eventful day. I picked up more mail at the post office, after seeing on E-bay how another order arrived. It was the 'Up In The Air' movie mylar, sent in a tube. Another order was canceled, was told they were unable to fulfill it. After this I went to the library to print things. Then it was on to Charles Schulz Arena to see a hockey game. Cretin-Derham Hall was playing Mounds View. It surprised me how it ended in a 2-2 tie. Cretin was up 2-0 after one period, scoring with just over 4 minutes gone and then about 7 minutes later. Mounds View scored about 10 minutes into the second, then tied it in the final minute after pulling the goalie. The 8-minute overtime session was scoreless, and it was senior day. I paid one dollar for an entry in 'Chuck a puck', held after the second period ended.
   In the evening I went to the comedy club. Jersey Video did a guest set, with ones about looking better without glasses as well as '20 years and 3 felonies' about facial hair, followed by one about Aaron Rodgers. The visitor to Greece was MC. He did ones about fish noodling, 'not multiple choice', and house was robbed while he was asleep. Ex-Navy was feature, and did ones about being from Anoka, she didn't get into nursing school, and don't hurt my friend. The headliner was from LA, and had been on Howard Stern. He did ones about why do ladies still jog?, life insurance policies, the Kardashians, don't look rapey (about internet dating), and slay the dragon. Near the end he grabbed a crowd member's camera phone and did a dic-pic, and for some reason I laughed a little, but I tend to laugh more when caught off-guard. He was impressed with me, saying he liked my style and encouraged me to move to LA as my look would get me gigs in commercials. He even wanted me in photos he was doing after the show.
    I also listened to sub teacher's radio show in the early evening, red-faced comic and Louisiana were guests. Subjects covered included the Super Bowl scandal, wars and war movies, and a woman wearing leggings.

No comments:

Post a Comment