Friday, January 16, 2015

Don't Get Me Wrong, Pretenders

   After the comedy show tonight I heard the song 'Don't get me wrong' by The Pretenders. I got a tingle in my lower body. I know it was in the movie 'Gung Ho', and it reminded me of my hometown since it was also known for manufacturing. I really liked the line about 'if I come and go like fashion'.
    I finally listened to a podcast recorded in July and posted to the website in September. It was the Burn and Brew podcast. It was prompted by hearing my boss had listened to the most recent one, Magnotronic. Burn and Brew had a longer running time, nearly an hour. For some reason I don't like the sound of my recorded voice. But at tonight's comedy show I found out I am not alone.
    At the comedy club tonight, Extra murder did ones about existential crisis, wearing glasses, 80's sitcoms, and Woody Allen movies. Tetris did ones about sad fella, a jar at Target, and a Chipotle burrito. Long straw did ones about Target and Trader Joe's, Greek yogurt and frozen pizza, a Cubs urn, and 8th grade insults. Postage stamp did ones about imagine naked, zombie apocalypse, recess and street justice, and an office colleague. Bus fare did ones about calling Jimmy John's, Insane Clown Posse fans, spilled coffee on Monday, Garfield the cat, cat owners get laid, and don't poop in this bar. Nebraska did one about lying on applications. Tortoise and Hare did ones about his lady and actor The Rock, Grand Theft Auto, the movie 'Grease', and 9 by myself. Grizzly Adams did ones about Taylor Swift and a sick beat, don't use condoms, and lumber-sexual. Apron did one about grand theft nachos. The traveler to Greece did ones about one eye and light out, Sex World, and magical masseuse. International Falls did ones about birth control pills, stopped dating Christian dudes, snow plow poem, and street harassed. Mr. Pibb did ones about boys don't make babies, Hooters trivia, who's Princess Diana?, near-beer, and pizza and beer at art school.

No comments:

Post a Comment