Sunday, January 25, 2015

Universe Games, Minneapolis

   Tonight I went to Universe Games in Minneapolis for a comedy show. It is in Uptown, a part of town I like going to since the Lagoon theater is nearby. First time at this business, I said it looked like the type of place the 'Big Bang Theory' nerds would like as there was plenty of card games available like Magic cards. In addition, there were Star Wars cards and other games in a box. Mr. Pibb as well as Tortoise and Hare are in charge of this show. Fantasia and Mason City also performed, the latter was show closer. He told a story about a musician he opened for at a venue in Iowa City.
   This afternoon I went to the St. Paul Winter Carnival in the downtown area at Rice Park. After I arrived there I did pin my button on my coat as somebody was walking around selling them. I got one photo inside an ice castle as it was a large banner that mentioned frolicking. It made me think of a joke that Perkins does where he uses this word. I also got one of a banner that had characters from the legend of the Winter Carnival on it looking like playing cards, it was a western gunslinger. I did eat there, one of the first things I did upon arrival at the park. I got a chili dog and hot chocolate. Then I went inside to the Landmark Center nearby and liked getting a good look around. It started with seeing an orchestra playing, the genre was way different compared to the park where I heard 'I'll Fly Away'. Inside I heard classical music like 'Blue Danube Waltz', memorable as I said 'So hungry', a reminder of Homer Simpson saying it in one episode. I bought four postcards in the gift shop near the front door, two were of this building. One had a horse-drawn carriage, the other the chief justice room. I liked reading the displays on the wall about the history of the building, some was familiar from previous visits. One was about Dillinger renting an apartment with a lady friend on Lexington Avenue in St. Paul. Now I will have to see if I can find it. I did walk the stairs above the fourth floor, but nothing above fourth is open to the public. I also did a quick walk through of a music museum, named Schubert if I am not mistaken. I liked seeing something there about Thomas Edison since he did figure into music history with the phonograph. Some instruments were on display and kids were playing them. After this I went to the library to print a few things, getting there 15 minutes before closing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment