Thursday, January 22, 2015

Brave New Workshop

    I attended a show at Brave New Workshop in Minneapolis tonight, invited by The Crow. The card
I was given has a photo of the red-faced comic on it. He was the headliner. It was my first visit to this venue. I knew it as being close to the Orpheum theater, where I had most recently been to last month to see the Motown play.
    Other performers included the front-woman of a local band, Mr. Pibb, Perkins, Hillary Clinton look-alike, and the radio personality. I am adding more to the ring of honor, the front-woman and the crow. The latter is one of the few wearing a tie in the photo. The former makes me laugh despite being a musician primarily. In the photo she is pointing to her hand, saying there is no ring on it. It was her joke in response to hearing about the ring of honor. I liked seeing plenty of friends there who were in the crowd, including Turtle Check, School Bouncer, Maryland, Fantasia, and Big Dog.
    I also spoke with a staff member as I was leaving, as he noticed my Chicago Bears winter coat. He said he is more fine with it than a Packers coat. I spoke of growing up in Iowa, explaining why I chose the team I chose as my favorite. It led to discussion of demographics where I also saw the Chiefs a lot on TV. He then said he liked some of their players like when they had Christian Okoye and Barry Word. So once again it is proven: we should care more about what unites us, not what divides us. It was nice that we did find some common ground.
    The syndicated rerun of 'Big Bang Theory' was when the 4 friends went to the North Pole. And
I noticed how Sheldon says 'Bazinga' a lot in this episode. 

No comments:

Post a Comment