Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Britain Rock Cats

    I went to a Minnesota Twins pro shop in Roseville this afternoon to get a ticket for the Fan-fest later this month. I saw some things on the discount table, including items from the New Britain Rock Cats. No surprise to see this team there as the Twins have signed up a new Double-A affiliate, in Chattanooga, TN, and did not renew in New Britain, CT. But I know some working agreements- or player development contracts- don't last long, sometimes just two years.
   I kept hearing the news about a wind chill advisory tonight, relevant to me as I went to a comedy show out of town, in Rochester. But I hoped for the best and it went fine. There was some blowing snow that made it less than ideal driving conditions, but I didn't have to go any slower than 40 mph. I could usually see just fine, so I have driven through worse. Toughest thing was finding a bathroom while driving home as it was late at night, and many places were closed since they were small towns.
    The show was a good one, I got a CD from one of the performers, the 18th from friends, and a shirt as well. This is somebody I had performed with in June, in the 'Ring of honor' photo he was wearing a Batman shirt and he is from Fargo-Moorhead. I did not know the other performer, but he said he knew me so he must be a Twin City performer.

No comments:

Post a Comment