Thursday, January 1, 2015

Nerd Alert Comedy CD

    I found the time to listen to a comedy CD done by friends this afternoon, after a date. It was Nerd Alert, 8 of the 13 performers are in my ring of honor. I shared a review on Facebook and then wrote one for Amazon as well, where I bought it from. I then ordered another CD, by Oklahoma. It had been on my list for a while. I got an award for hanging Christmas decorations at my workplace and decided to put it towards a $10 Amazon gift card. Some have already liked the Facebook status, no surprise there.
   Yes I did have a date, in the early afternoon I went to eat at a Red Lobster in Roseville, it was with an accountant. We had a hard time figuring out schedules and found out it was best to wait to meet until after the holidays. I said this place so I could use up a gift card. Now I have three, as I got two for JC Penney from family in the Christmas cards. The third is a gas card from Shell, now I need to find a nearby Shell station to use it. This was from a company that sent it as incentive to ask for an insurance quote. I checked the balances of two others online, and confirmed that both had a zero balance before cutting them up tonight. It was a Vanilla Visa card, used to pay for a grocery order in July, and the other was Applebee's. I had those restaurant gift cards for a while, I don't value them as much as clothing store cards especially while I am single as I prefer eating at sandwich shops. Now that I know Amazon is another option there may be even less motivation to get restaurant cards. I had heard of a new program from Wal-Mart where gift cards from other companies can be turned in, but usually for less than face value. It makes them sound like old-man Potter in 'It's a wonderful life'. I will buy out your bank balance at the Building and Loan, but will only give you half.
   Even though it was a night of getting caught up on paperwork, I did watch some of my favorite TV shows. The prime time episode of 'Big Bang Theory' was the one where Sheldon agreed to a romantic Valentines Day date on a train but then ignores Amy Farrah Fowler for much of the time on the train. I hoped to find some of the college football bowl games but I don't have cable and may have missed some due to the date and then listening to the CD, followed by watching 'Jeopardy'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment