Tuesday, April 7, 2015

2000 Miles, Pretenders

     While I was at the comedy club tonight, I heard a song in another room so I went to confirm what it was. It was '2000 Miles' by the Pretenders. I have the CD 'Learning to crawl', the song is on it. But
I like 'Back on the chain gang' and 'Thumbelina' more. With the latter it is because I like to travel, and it is a road story. 'Once we get to Tucson', then later on with 'And the Oklahoma sunrise becomes the Amarillo dawn'. With 'Miles' it is a slow song about living far away but being back at Christmas-time. It went well doing new jokes about subjects like office colleagues laughing a lot, along with things that didn't look right in online dating profiles like the notification email of a new message having a different name and city on it.
  Our game room cubbyhole at the office is now getting cubicle walls, our facility czar said the Health Ahead material will be in there. I like being able to weigh myself at the office once a week, so I am
hopeful it means the scale is moving there. It was in a room that became somebody's office, then it moved to the HR conference room and of course it is unavailable if somebody is having a meeting in it. There are still plenty of mouse pads in the main breakroom but I already have more than one, and all I really need is one.
    Also at the comedy club, International Falls did ones about no HR day 125, urban legend, Prince as emergency contact, drawing bathtub full of blood, and bucket of coffee. No-mic did ones about men and women luggage, why I'm a vegetarian, and dog treats smell like bacon. Tortoise did ones about silk boxers, remix encyclopedia, it's me I love chips, turned away from Canada, and random word generator. Brew did ones about dating advice, before we have sex talk, and student loans. Mr. Pibb did ones about a Macy's theft, thrift store blanket, MOA and Southdale, spoon and cherry, and Orange Julius. A newer comic back from California did ones about art school, not new clothes need new body, and world is too mean. Nebraska did ones about working construction, not liking porta potties, paying for car insurance, and death row last meal. Rut-roh did ones about seeing Grandpa for Easter, ask parents for life insurance, bosses aren't cool, self diagnosed insomnia, ads ruining dreams, and parents on Facebook. Fish noodle did ones about Jack's Pizza, and tongues in notebook. Big Dog did ones about People magazine, general enthusiasm, own worst critic, wrong way signs, and reformed pedophiles. A lady comic did ones about strip clubs are fun, taxidermy diorama, stole paper for coupons, and a half brother. Others were about live with Grandma in a rectangle. Lunch Lady did ones about car repairs, my therapist was busy, they are hiring, a Scooby Doo episode, and date night means doing taxes. Blind Side did ones about a hobby farm, phone material, blackmail, MLK, and Tyler Perry. Long straw did ones about chase squirrel around tree, Dr. Doolittle, and crazy people are never boring. After the show, Big Dog asked me if I say 'Dear Reader' in this blog, I do not. But there
are times I do end a sentence with a comma and then 'readers' though. Also heard a Johnny Cash song that mentions a cocaine shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment