Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Mr. Burns Post Electric Play

     I went to see a play at the Guthrie theater in Minneapolis tonight, 'Mr. Burns post electric'. As a Simpsons fan I said I needed to see it. I read about the play in my regular City Pages email last week. The tickets are a little cheaper on this particular weeknight, made it easier to attend. It was a good crowd, some empty seats but not a lot. It is a must see for fans of  'The Simpsons' TV show. I liked a segment which had a music medley. I recognized snippets from many songs. It included 'Umbrella' by Rihanna, 'Lose Yourself' by Eminem, and 'Bad Romance' by Lady Gaga. I did get a souvenir after the show, a Simpsons wallet, as well as a postcard with various Twin City landmarks on it. I was next to two elderly women who said they didn't know the TV show that well but were familiar with the movie 'Cape Fear'. This play is largely about an episode that is a parody of the movie. There have been two movie versions, but I think it leans more toward the more recent version from 1991, starring Robert DeNiro. Good thing I bought some peanut butter crackers at Bobby and Steve's Auto World
nearby before I got to the Guthrie, as the food and drink at the theater venue was more. It is what one calls a 'Captive audience'.

No comments:

Post a Comment