Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Boxed Coffee, No Donuts

     At the office today there was an email about coffee being brought in from Caribou. It was left in the executive side break-room, which is the smaller one on the floor. I am not much of a coffee drinker so once I found out no donuts were there I decided not to have any coffee. There was some Easter candy on the table, I had some of the smaller chocolates and left. A colleague was asking me how to pour the boxed coffee, but it seemed to be like pouring any other liquid from a box to me. I did 14 settled letters in the afternoon, the box was at zero by the end of the day which is rare. I think I did see the woman I spoke with on the bus this evening, the one who spoke of Duluth and Detroit earlier this month. But I got off the bus one stop early as the traffic was slowing to a crawl due to a construction delay. After work I tried to get an oil change done at Jiffy Lube but I arrived about 15 minutes before closing so I was turned away.
   At the comedy club tonight, I was onstage early in the lineup. I spoke about people I interacted with over the weekend at the writer's convention, as well as a reference to sitting on a keg at another show. International Falls did ones about getting out of the house, danger level is up, 145 days no HR, Prince as emergency contact, dog rescue, and police dog poem. Fish noodle did ones about a flying car, crying baby in stroller on a bus, side bro or girl, and Jack's Pizza at gas station. Rapper comic did ones about a new soccer team, Vikings stadium, rapper movies, and a rap about the movie 'The Notebook'. TSA did ones about pull my finger, keg butt, full body scanners in life, semi-retired, in school and went back to work, and slap people who stutter. Nebraska did ones about be all you can be, sell cookies at school, ghosts and condoms, dog food commercials, Toppers pizza delivers, rock climb sky dive dic-pics, out of work for a while, and Bud Light ads. IED/IUD did ones about got out of rehab, not the worst looking person at Walgreen, seeing a therapist, Bowie knife on Amazon, Jim Jones and Kool-Aid, and go play golf. Yemen native did ones about a smoke shop, living the Arab dream, and volunteer at a farm. D.C. native did ones about a costume and clown, sports and Dad, TP houses, Karma is real, no TP at church, were you struggling then?, doing nerd shows, provided games, bigger than WNBA, it's an imaginary sport, and the ACL of video game injuries. There was also somebody who had a feather in a hat- like a fedora, shades, a mustache, and his dummy was a clone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment